Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Breaducation




My breaducation started about a year ago. I decided that I needed to learn how to make bread. I thought that the kneading the dough would be meditative. Wrong! Besides that I still wanted to make a good loaf. There is something so elegant and simple about bread. So much complexity in taste with using only 3 ingredients. After a few one tonne bricks, 1 dutch oven and a stand mixer later, I have been able to make some decent loaves of bread. From hearth bread to no-knead to sandwich loaf. Funnily enough, the family favorite loaf is the plain ol' white sandwich loaf. Fluffy, rich and so delicious. The best first kind of bread to try is the no-knead as long as you have the patience.
http://www.sullivanstreetbakery.com/recipes/noknead.html. It's surprisingly easy and yields fantastic results.

No comments:

Post a Comment