Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Farmers Market season


Just got back from the Tuesday Farmers Market. I'm such a newbie here and got caught in a downpour. Note to self, never leave the house without an umbrella. On the bright side, I actually ran into an acquaintance and had a lovely chat huddling under a big umbrella. This was kind of nice since I still feel like a newcomer in the city. Despite the sogginess, baby and I got a great haul of produce from our CSA farm. Chiogga beets, baby carrots, green garlic, basil, mesclun greens, red russian fingerling potatoes and 2 honey sticks (for my older daughter) and a slice of rhubarb coffee cake all for $20. I'm really looking forward to the CSA season which starts in about 3 weeks. Too bad we miss our first box since we'll be in Canada! Lucky for our friends who share our subscription, they will get the entire box. Now the fun begins, what to make...

No comments:

Post a Comment