Wednesday, May 13, 2009

mmmm chocolate chip cookies...


About a year ago I discovered the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. The only downside to it is that it requires 2 different kinds of flour and 24 hours chilling time before you can bake and eat it. Indeed it makes a very good, chewy, not-too-sweet dark chocolatey chip cookie. But it is very rare that I have the patience to allow the dough to chill and to always have cake flour and bread flour on hand. I am an unbleached all-purpose flour gal. I have yet to be the hard-core baker that can taste the differences among the different types of flour or keep 3 or more different flours in the pantry. I've been tinkering around with the recipe to simplify it a bit and adjust the sweetness. I thought I had it but tried the new version and was underwhelmed to say the least. Fail! I'm not sure what happened but I think I did not let the butter come up to room temperature for proper creaming resulting in a curdled dough before I added the dry mix. The actual cookie ended up being very crumbly and not chewy at all. Back to the drawing board. Until then make the New York Times one, you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment